"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Will Go

This week is Student Missions Emphasis week, so we've had quite a few mission things here at school. Convocation this morning consisted of three girls telling stories about their experiences. But the part that touched me the most was the last part of the chorus of a song we sang at the beginning:

"Who you love, I'll love
How you serve, I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you"

Take that phrase by phrase and really think about it. Can you seriously promise God this? Is this really your heart's desire? Are you willing to follow God, even if it costs you your life? It's something worth pondering. And then raise your eyes to heaven and promise God, "If this life I lose, I will follow you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...